Antique furniture is one of the keys to decoration. Gracefully bestowing style on a room is not as expensive as you may think. Going to an antique dealer can turn out to be quite costly because you end up having to pay for restoration. However, if you look around in secondhand markets you are likely to come across some surprising finds at reasonable prices.
Here are ten household helpful hints for furniture styles and placement:
1. If there is a special piece of antique furniture in the room it will probably become the central feature, so organize according to it.
2. Restoring, stripping, or painting a piece of furniture can give it a new lease on life.
3. Reupholstering chairs, armchairs, of sofas is an economical way of renovating furniture.
4. Movable furniture on wheels and foldable chair and tables are ideal for small, multifunctional spaces.
5. Furniture can be used strategically to divide up spaces and create different ambiences.
6. Architecturally challenging spaces should be furnished with clean, crisp-line furniture.
7. When choosing furniture, analyze which pieces are really necessary and which can be done away with.
8. Auxiliary tables, like coffee tables, are vital for multipurpose rooms.
9. Use an antique piece of furniture for inspiration or as the starting point when appropriate.
10. Use furniture to link the different rooms in the house together.